Many seniors want to stay in their homes as long as possible.They value their independence and their familiar surroundings. However, the challenges of aging pose real safety concerns. Read through the following list of warning signs to determine if a senior in your life needs additional assistance.
- She has experienced frequent falls or near falls; she has trouble getting around.
- She can’t remember when and how often to take her medications.
- She lives alone without a nearby support system.
- She has difficulty maintaining a clean house.
- She’s afraid to bath for fear of falling or because it’s too difficult to manage alone.
- She has expired food and or not enough food in the refrigerator.
- She can no longer drive safely.
- She has experienced one or more of the following: depression, confusion, forgetfulness.
know or suspect a friend, relative or neighbor is experiencing any of these issues, that person’s doctor should be informed immediately. In-home care can help address many of these issues. For a free care assessment, contact At Home Solutions at 1-888-496-3983. Additionally, we work with trustworthy Geriatric Care Managers who can provide additionally care options.To download a printable check-list of warning signs, click here.