Influenza (commonly referred to as the Flu) season is in high gear! Now is the time to take preventative action. The good news is that there are commonsense steps you can take to help avoid getting ill.
- Get a flu vaccination. It’s not too late.Vaccinations are available at doctor offices, pharmacies, and
- Wash your hands
frequently, especially if you are out in public interacting with other people.Use soap and water or an alcohol-based rub.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Get adequate rest and manage stress levels. Our bodies are susceptible to illness when we are run down.
- Exercise. Regular exercise helps to keep our immune system strong.
- Drink fluids and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
For more information on the Flu visit http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/preventing.htm